“I take pride in helping business owners strategically utilize the Bankruptcy process to preserve value, restore enterprise stability and successfully pursue previously unattainable opportunities.”
– Kevin Hing
Attorney Kevin Hing joined Iurillo Law Group, P.A. in January, 2020. Kevin’s practice focuses on business bankruptcy, restructuring and commercial litigation. Kevin has particular experience in the area of Chapter 11 reorganization, and has gained extensive experience representing both debtors and creditors in complex Chapter 11 cases.
Kevin has experience representing corporate, partnership and individual Chapter 11 debtors, including commercial and manufacturing entities and high-income individuals. He also has served as counsel to Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees, especially with regards to the prosecution of fraudulent conveyance and preferential transfer litigation.
Kevin also has extensive experience in the representation of large, national financial institutions in Chapter 11 reorganization cases. He has guided creditors through the Chapter 11 process to ensure that creditors receive maximum recovery of their claims in the bankruptcy process, as well as aggressively prosecuting litigation to protect creditors against abuses of the bankruptcy system. He also has experience defending creditors in adversary proceedings and contested matters in collection disputes and litigation involving alleged violations of consumer protection laws.
In addition to his practice as a bankruptcy attorney, Kevin serves as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator and as a Residential Mortgage Foreclosure mediator in the bankruptcy courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. Kevin served as a speaker regarding mediation and dispute resolution from the perspective of secured creditors at the 2014 National Summit on Loss Mitigation Through Bankruptcy in Chicago, Illinois and the 2014 Florida Statewide Mortgage Modification Summit, and was instrumental in facilitating the attendance and participation of numerous major financial institutions at the Summit.
When he is not practicing law or serving as a mediator, Kevin enjoys practicing tai chi, playing fiddle at traditional Irish music sessions (both in Florida and in County Clare, Ireland), photography and growing roses.
Education & Recognition
- USC Gould School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1988
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. 1985, cum laude
- 8.2 (Excellent) Avvo Rated
Activities & Affiliations
- Florida (2009)
- California (1988)
- Florida and California courts
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
Publications & Presentations
- Individualized Benefit Plans and Fiduciary Liability Under ERISA: The Essential Elements of Attacking or Defending “Top Hat” Plans, Journal of Asset Protection, (January, 1998)
- Speaker: National Summit on Loss Mitigation Through Bankruptcy, Chicago, Illinois (2014)
- Panelist: Florida Statewide Mortgage Modification Summit, Orlando Florida (2014)
Phone: (727) 895-8050
Fax: (727) 895-8057